Code of Conduct
We place full priority on compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, agreements and contracts in all countries where we operate. Moreover, wherever we deem it to be the right thing to do, we will go beyond compliance and strive for an even higher level of ethical, legal and business practice.
We strive for ingenuity and continual improvement in our business, Innovation and technology activities; the concept of “Kaizen”, as the Japanese call it.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, customers and suppliers, taking all available steps to prevent accidents of any kind. We will ensure our employees are well trained and always operate with their own safety, and the safety of others, at the forefront of their minds.
Our factories operate according to the global quality standard (ISO 9000) and the global environmental standard (ISO14000) thereby ensuring we manufacture quality products that minimise waste through the production process.
We operate a zero tolerance towards bribery and corruption. This policy extends to all the Group’s business dealings and transactions in all countries in which it or its subsidiaries or associates operate.
We recognize the importance of laws which have been established to prohibit unethical and unfair business practices. In all our dealings with customers and suppliers, we will:
- Avoid any unfair or deceptive practice and always present our services and products in an honest and forthright manner.
- Treat all customers and suppliers honestly, fairly and objectively – working with each at an appropriate ‘arm’s-length’.
- Select suppliers based on merit, and make clear to all suppliers that we expect them to compete fairly and vigorously for our business.
- Compete vigorously and with integrity.
- Never comment on a competitor’s product without a good basis for such statements.
- Comply with all competition laws.
- We adhere to the ten principles of the United Nations Global Compact - www.unglobalcompact.org.